It is that time of year again where everyone makes those resolutions that they forget about 3 weeks later. We all mean well, but always seem to get off track quickly. My advice to brides out there is to make a New Year’s resolution to not be stressed and stick to it. Your engagement is suppose to be a fun and exciting time that you are to enjoy as a couple. It is way to easy to get stressed with all the details that go into a perfect wedding. Make a promise to yourself to not get too stressed out. Take each leg of your journey in stride and figure out what is important. We all want the perfect wedding but make sure not to lose sight of the goal of being married when trying to get that perfect shade of pink. Here are some tips to try to stay stress free.
1. When you are having a bad day, do not work on any wedding items. You are already in a bad mood and as soon as something is not right you will only get worse. Now your bad day has turned into wedding stress. Those days that your boss has you overworked, come home and do something else and forget about the wedding for one day.
2. If you find yourself getting stressed, take a step back. Put what ever you are doing down and relax. Maybe you like to read a book or take a bath. Do what ever it is you do when you de-stress. Then when you are ready, start fresh again with a new, positive attitude.
3. Sometimes the stress comes when you and your fiance get into arguments about some aspect of your wedding. It is his wedding too (read post Who is that guy… ) so he may have some ideas that he feels strongly about that differ from yours. You start at each other and before you know it all you are doing is fighting and stressing that you will never have your perfect day. This time both of you need to step back and do something together as a couple. Do something you love or better yet, get a couples massage. This is a great stress relief and it will be fun to do together. This is especially a great tip a couple days before your wedding when tensions can run high. It is important that what ever you do, do it together.
4. Another tip when you are feeling stressed is to not eat but go workout. Many brides always say that they want to lose weight before their wedding and many times do not and even gain weight. This adds even more stress when you fear your wedding dress will not fit. For many it is because when we get stressed we all want to reach for that tub of ice cream or if you are like me that chocolate bar. This tip is a double bonus. You can hopefully work out some of your stress and maybe you can even keep in shape. Go to the gym, run, walk, or whatever you want just do something to clear your mind and work out the tension and stress.
5. Finally, you can always hire a wedding planner. We are here to help and one of the main things we try to do is save you time and energy so that you do not have to stress. We can be there to help with vendors that are stressing you out or with the many details that seem to never get done. If your budget is your stress button, we can help figure out what is going on and see what can be done to ease the stress. Maybe it is days before your wedding and you do not know if you can handle the stress of your wedding day. Again, that is what we are here for. We can meet with you and get to know what your perfect day is and be there to do all of your running. This way you get to enjoy your day being pampered and we do all the worrying for you. Our goal is not to add stress to your day but to take it away. This is your only wedding, we have done many and are prepared for all types of things. Do yourself a favor and if you are feeling completely overwhelmed and stressed out all of the time, hire a wedding planner and let us help you get back to enjoying your engagement.